Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Summa 2013

So I know that I can only play the "I'm going to school" card till next Saturday before everyone expects me to go out into the world and magically get my shit together.

Buuuuuuuuut...

No. I'm going traveling. My life = shit quintessentially never together. Besides, I can still stave off the questions for a BIT longer than others as I've got grad school to look forward to (sorry guys, good luck with the job search). It's been a year and a half since my last trip, and I'm itching for adventure regardless of the responsible life beckoning me forwards. Life is too short to stand still, so here's my summer 2013 plans (((so you don't have to ask) officially booked as of last week) meeting my conscience and sense of responsibility in the middle)

1. Six week stint in Europe (visit friends/soak it up/grad present to myself for sticking in there)"

Heading out from Hawaii four days after graduation straight back to Europe. Yes, my europe bug is still itching now so I'm going to scratch it, but trying not to repeat many places. Really do want to travel to new spots/countries. So I will start out in Paris for the weekend, then go and meet up with my friend Daniel Pardo in Barcelona for a week. We may or may not explore outside of Barcelona, but that's not in stone. Afterwards, heading for a few days to Fez in Morocco. Going to see if I can't hook up with an old classmate/friend who is doing the peace corps there in conflict resolution. Afterwards, heading to Rome where I may hook up with Daniel again. Following that 4 day sprint I'll go for a relaxing three days to Crete where I'll finally have a room of my own right on the beach where I can chill/read/fall madly in love with a  sexy greek man (mental note: stop watching mamma mia/sisterhood of the traveling pants). Then an overnight ferry to Athens for the weekend where I can continue the Mediterranean culture fest, before finally embarking to Istanbul to meet up with Brandon Holden and other Turkish friends to party it up! Going to head east to Goreme in Capadoccia to check out the caves as well and just see a bit more of the country than we got to in 2010. Excited for this trip as I hope to cross off many of my bucket list items as well as trying out couchsurfing for the first time.

2. SoCal

After that 6 week tour its back to SoCal. Can't do another boring summer in Oly rehashing things and parts of me that are LONG over. New place: progression. Lots of fun things to look forward to in SoCal, namely my uncle's wedding, my cousin's wedding, family reunion, and MY 21st BDAY! Going to try to insert a Vegas trip in there as well as Utah, and hopefully friends from Washington will come down to visit. Really excited to go back and just chill, see family I haven't connected with in years and soak up the last of the sunshine before I head back to a brutal winter which has thankfully been missing from my life here in Hawaii. Waiting to hear back from internships before I know definitively what I'll be doing down there yet, but got to leave a little bit of adventure. I have a big enough social safety net with friends/family down there that I'm not worried about it too much.

Anyways, I have a hard time sharing about my coming up future without sounding braggish/pretentious/annoying so I'll stop here. Just really excited for the future and what it holds. Can't BELIEVE how fast this semester/month is going but read to move on. If you're a friend in Europe who is reading this and wants to hook up, I'm coming 90% of the way so you come to me 10% and lets make magic happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment